Saturday, November 19, 2011

Celebrating Being Together





Wafarer,
Your body is my prayer carpet,
For I can see in your eyes
That you are exquisitely woven
With the finest silk and wool
And that Pattern upon your soul
Has the signature of God
And all your moods and colors of love
Come from His Divine vats of dye and Gold.
- Hafiz



Since our last communication, I received this very meaningful letter from Mary. She gave me the go ahead to share it with you…

Dear Elizabeth,

How special it is to be able to spend a few minutes "with you" and see how your day unfolded. Two things come to mind, the first is a "gatha" I say in starting each day. It is from Thich Nhat Hanh's book Peace is Every Breath.

Waking up this morning, I smile.
Twenty-four brand new hours are before me.
I vow to live each moment fully
and to look at all Beings with eyes of compassion.

The other is a song that had come to me in the mountains and that I sang over the phone during our NNP follow-up calls.

We are the river, the mountains;
We are the trees, the ground;
We are the fish and the ocean,
The Heart where Love abounds.

For there is no other, there is no other, there is no other, there is only One.

Several other verses have come to me from time to time. I feel such gratitude and love of life. Your guidance at AHAM freed me to live with joy moment by moment.

Much love to you,

Mary


I’ve been here in Florida for almost three weeks already. There has been such a sweet gathering with a number of folks here. We celebrated in this Love and Oneness that Mary shares in her letter...simply being together.


Here's Dan & Jenny (& baby) at a gathering for 11-11-11 in Orlando...


Here is Cheryl, Lucas, Charlotte and I, at the same gathering on 11-11-11...


Kelly and Cheryl celebrating at exactly 11:11pm on 11-11-11...



... and Richard joining in ... we all raised the roof ... all 400 of us ...


Later that week, here is Charlotte and I with Annette at a little place by the sea called Cedar Key... while visiting her in Gainesville...


..."living in joy moment to moment"...no matter what arises...so grateful to be alive.


Thank you, Rich ...

1 comment:

  1. There is such a smile in my Heart as I see all the happy faces celebrating together in Orlando!
    Feeling the ONENESS in spirit. Love you!

    ReplyDelete