Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Heart's Embrace

The Spirit of the Lord

Goes before us,

And, makes easy

And successful

Our Way.

This past week, I was in Hendersonville, N.C. (just south of Asheville), visiting Esther Fisher. (Esther is the one who publishes AHAM’s monthly email-newsletter Heart to Heart) Mom and I went on a holiday to have some time together before leaving for my trip. We spent time with Esther and visited some beautiful places in this area…The Biltmore Estates was the highlight of the trip for Mom.

The highlight of the trip for me was a bit different. It was so awesome to see this prayer above coming alive. It all began with the delicious food that was waiting for us, as we arrived at Esther’s. It was cold and rainy outside, so hot soup was perfect. But, what stood out most was Esther’s warm embrace of my Mother, as she adjusted to the cold weather and unfamiliar surroundings. Her gentle touch and reassurance was so comforting to Mom, making her feel right at home. Also, Cedar, Esther’s dog for many years, welcomed us both. And, he seemed to understand where Mom was, after a long day, when he slipped into her room at night and slept by her bed. She loved it. It isn’t easy for someone my Mom’s age to travel away from her little “cocoon” at the retirement facility in Asheboro. And, yet I watched this happening so beautifully in Esther’s home.

So, this may not seem earth shattering or profound to some. Yet, these simple loving actions are what add to the overall peace on our planet. Our reaching out and embracing in Love and Kindness in our day-to-day situations is what adds to the raising of Consciousness for all to receive from.

Thank you, Esther (and Cedar), for opening your Heart and your Home to us ... a beautiful, authentic way to begin our Virtual Peace Pilgrimage.

“Though I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. Though I give away all I have to feed the poor, and though I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love never ends; as for prophecy, it will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, reasoned like a child; when I became a man/woman , I gave up childish ways. For now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face. Now, I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood.

So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13)

1 comment:

  1. I can feel the warm embrace of Esther and Cedar. Thank you for sharing this. One simple act of loving kindness lights the way! One of life's many blessings.

    Love Cheryl

    ReplyDelete