Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honoring Our Roots

Memories,
light the corners of my mind.
Misty, water-colored memories,
Of the way we were.

Colored pictures of the smiles
We left behind,
Smiles we gave to one another,
Of the way we were.




This song comes up as I write this personal Heart to Heart sharing with you.

While walking up on the Hill, some memories came up as I walked passed a particular spot. It was where Ramana and I used to sit every evening at 5:15 pm, while staying here at Ramanasramam years ago. (This would be about 1992). 5:15 pm here matched up with the 6:45 am Heart Time in the USA, earlier that day. We wanted to meditate with the folks in our AHAM family at Heart time to purposefully connect Arunachala with the family and the USA Center. It seemed to work, according to the staff that was back home at that time.

This picture of the Hill above is the place we would sit…right next to the huge bolder … the lower rock, to the left, was where Ramana sat and the higher one, just to the left of that, was my spot. At that time there was a clear view of the Hill. Thanks to the work of the “Reforestation Society,” trees have been planted to shade the walk up on the Hill and, so, this shot doesn’t give you the view of the Hill as we had it back then.

Anyway, as I walked passed this spot, this memory flashed before me and then it felt like I heard Ramana’s voice speaking in my Heart. It seemed clear and true and filled with Love. This may be something that has happened to you, but it hadn’t happened to me since he passed in February. I had spoken to him, in his room back in the USA, and at the Samadhi here at AHAM Ashram. I felt his presence, but no communication back. This might sound strange to you. But, over the years I had discovered that one of the best things one can do, after a Loved One passes, is to talk with them Heart to Heart and then allow them to share with you. This I had encouraged everyone around me to do, at that time. So, right out of the blue, I was pleasantly surprised to hear him.

So, as I went up the Hill and came down, this Heart to Heart communication completed itself. By the time I came back into the Ashram gate, at the foot of the Hill, it was complete. How refreshing it feels. It felt important to share it with you.

In India, a man’s first name is your Father’s name. So, when Ganesan, years ago, gave Ramana his full name, Arunachala Ramana, it certainly fits. Ramana has merged with his Father, Arunachala, and his Guru Ramana Maharshi. He is Home.

From the first day I met Ramana, there was a natural inclination to be sure he was always well taken care of. Now, I know he is just fine. It feels complete.

Thank you, Arunachala. Thank you, Bhagavan. Thank you, Ramana.

To another subject...the folks that are on pilgrimage at AHAM Ashram came by Ramanasramam on Monday and began their program here. After many hugs and tears of joy, we began a tour of Ramanasramam. The first stop was to meet the President of the ashram, Sundaram. Here we are all together:


Blessings shower on us all, as those who are coming and honoring the lineage of AHAM’s Teaching…with Sri Bhagavan, Arunachala and Ramana. AHAM’s Teaching remains alive with Enlightenment as we all continue to honor its roots.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I am a follower of Ramana Maharshi.

    I am writing an article "Visiting Ramanashramam" in which I am going to use many of photos taken by me at the ashram. It is meant for publishing at the blog site Hubpages.com.

    Will it be okay if I make use of a couple of your photos (particularly Ramana's Samadhi hall and the meditation room) in my blog, by duly acknowledging copyright to you and giving a link to this blog of yours?

    Shall be thankful for your kind reply to rajan.chakra@gmail.com

    With warm regards

    C.V.Rajan

    ReplyDelete