Sunday, February 20, 2011

One Year Later for AHAM & Ramana

This is a short message to direct everyone to a blog that was recently done by Richard Clarke around the special ceremony given to our Ramana one year after his passing. It occurred in our AHAM Ashram on February 15, 2011.

This event is one that follows the Hindu tradition ("when in Rome, do as the Romans do"). It is believed in their tradition the beloved one, or teacher in this case, returns each year to be with their loved ones. So, we as the ones who represented all those who love Ramana, were present at his shrine with the offering of flowers and many different things to honor his presence in all of our lives.

So, you can connect with Richard's blog to get all the details at:http://richardarunachala.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/one-day-ceremony-for-a-ramana/

It was a beautiful completion for this one to be with Ramana in this way, to offer the sacred ash to his shrine and to sing his favorite songs, "The Lord's Prayer" and "I am in All" (the chant he wrote years ago).


I am in All
All is in me,
There is no other apart from me.

I am in you
You are in me,
There is no "you" apart from me.

I'm in the world
The world is in me,
There is no world apart from me.

I am in God
God is in me
There is no God apart from me.

I am in All
All is in me,
There is no other
There is no "me."


2 comments:

  1. Oh how belovedly beautiful. first i hear, read the chant that Ramana wrote years ago. sweetness and tears of joy and gratitude. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramana has been very strongly present in the heart for the last week ... so sweet, tears of gratitude and joy flowing. Grateful for this blog that has these beautiful pictures and words.

    ReplyDelete